Wellbeing in Sexual Health (WISH) Child Exploitation and CEOP Training | Wednesday, 01. July 2020
About this Event
This training is aimed at professionals who work within sexual health settings and/or are involved in giving sexual health information and advice within Buckinghamshire particularly to those aged under 18 years. For example, these are genitourinary medicine (GUM), contraceptive services, chlamydia screening, condom distribution schemes, termination, sexual assault, outreach health promotion services, school nurses, health visitors, or those working in general practice and community Ph*rm*cy setting and providing sexual health services.
This training will also give participants an introduction to CEOP (child exploitation online protection) which helps to keep young people safe from sexual abuse and online grooming.Course Objectives:
- Equip front line staff working in sexual health services with a basic awareness of child sexual exploitation (CSE), its signs and indicators
- Give up to date information on current legislation and policies around
- Develop skills in using the BASHH and Brook ‘Spotting the Signs’ screening tool in a sexual health one to one consultation e.g. during sexual history taking and/or one to one consultations
- Explore how young people use the internet and social media
- Explore online sexual abuse and incidents of youth produced sexual imagery
- Introduction to CEOP and reporting incidences
- Explore how young people are using the internet and social media
- Explore online sexual abuse and incidences of youth produced sexual imagery
Please note this is an all day course, light refreshments will be served. Lunch is not provided, please bring your own lunch.
The WISH training programme is free of charge and suited to professionals working within Buckinghamshire that work with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
The course content is designed to increase the professionals knowledge of the topics and will allow them to offer appropriate information, advice and support to the individuals that they are working with.Organisations outside Buckinghamshire
If you work within sexual health settings outside Buckinghamshire and would like to attend WISH Training, please contact email for more information and pricing.Multiple Delegates
We can also offer in-house training for 6-20 recipients free of charge. For any in-house training queries please contact our trainer directly via email on email