Appreciation of Non Destructive Testing (NDT) for Composites | Wednesday, 23. September 2020
About this Event
Everyone wants to produce cheaper, lighter and stronger composite parts. NDT has traditionally been seen as an obstacle to this, rather than an aid. This doesn’t have to be the case.
This course is designed to demystify NDT for Non-NDT Engineers. You’ll learn how you can leverage your understanding of NDT to drive real manufacturing benefits, better products and save NDT-related time and costs.
Led by an NCC NDT expert, we’ll build your knowledge using exercises, demonstrations as to what NDT really is and why you need to know about it.
We’ll recommend this course for engineers at all levels who want to understand how NDT can be a benefit rather than a burden.
What we’ll cover:
- What is NDT, and why do we do it?
- What are defects and what do they look like?
- Applications in industry
- NDT methods for composites (Ultrasonic, Thermography, Shearography, Bond-testing)
- Completing the picture - other NDT methods
- Understanding what NDT can tell us
- Benefits of NDT