Cheltenham Regency Walks | Saturday, 15. August 2020
About this Event
During the heady wartime days of the late18th and early 19th centuries - think the Madness of King Gorge III - Cheltenham was a honeypot for the great, good and filthy rich of British society. Royalty, aristocracy, poets, authors and artists descended on this small market town on the edge of the Cotswolds to drink it's health-giving water and hobnob with their peers. All around them, the world was changing in all, sorts of exciting ways - novels appeared, shopping became a thing, men (and other creatures) took to the air, musicians became pop stars, women started to challenge the status quo and new inventions (quite literally) flew of the drawing board. We will take you on a walk to meet the men and women who - for a brief moment - made Cheltenham 'the place to be seen'.
There are walks throughout August, September and October. To see available dates, click on Select a date
What about COVID?
Our guides are compliant with industry standards. This means they have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
- All cancellation requests must be made via Eventbrite – see your booking confirmation;
- Clients wishing to cancel more than 3 days prior to their booked tour, will be refunded the cost of the tickets minus the Eventbrite processing fee;
- All tour bookings made within 3 days prior to any tour are final, and any cancellation or exchange requests made within this time incur a cost of 100% of the original booking;
- In the rare exception that a tour should be cancelled, we will advertise this at the earliest opportunity via our website and social media channels and contact all clients with live bookings who will receive a full refund;
- All approved refunds will be issued to the credit/debit card used to make the booking.