K-Club Breakfast - Manchester | Thursday, 01. July 2021
About this Event
Speaker for our 2nd July 2020 event is:
At our summer event our speaker is an expert in the ever-expanding world of online retail. He’ll share the highs and lows of his business journey.
Steve Oliver - co-founder & Group CEO of Music Magpie
Steve Oliver is the co-Founder and Group Chief Executive Officer of musicMagpie, the world’s largest recommerce business, achieving a turnover of c£135m in just its 12th year of trading.
Starting life as a service that enabled users to trade-in their old CDs, DVDs and Games, the company has re-invented itself in the last three years to become the UK’s biggest and best mobile phone recycler, with well over half the company’s turnover now coming from the consumer technology.
The business is the world’s largest seller in the history of both Amazon and eBay globally, recently surpassing 10m positive feedback scores on its eBay selling account, but its biggest single sales channel is now from the musicMagpie online store which was launched four years ago to complete the model of being the ‘lazy man’s eBay’ where both buying and selling used product is fast, free and easy. The business has a simple mission statement and that is to be “The trusted and smarter way to buy and sell for you and the planet” with sustainability at the heart of everything it does.
The business also has a fast-growing US brand operating the same model, called Decluttr, based out of Atlanta, Georgia that is now run rating at c$50m per annum.
TICKET PAYMENT & REFUNDS
- You can pay by debit/credit card through this website. If you require a VAT invoice, please tick the box 'Do you require a VAT invoice?' and this element will be shown on your receipt.
- If you would prefer to be invoiced for this event, please send an email to email for an invoice to be issued.
- All bookings and payment MUST be received by 6pm on Monday 29th June 2020 to confirm your place.
- No refunds for cancellations can be accepted after Monday 29th June 2020; the invoice must be paid in full even if you do not attend.
- Members of the K-Club may attend events as part of their membership, however additional guests must be paid for. If you are a member and wish to attend this event, please email email to reserve your place by the end of Monday 29th June 2020.
The fee includes tea, coffee and fruit juice as well as a full English cooked breakfast. Please email email to advise of any special dietary requirements once you have made your booking.
The venue is located off Jcn 11 of the M60, and 'brown signposted' AJ Bell Rugby Stadium. The Sat Nav postcode is M30 7LJ. Note there are Smart Motorway speed restrictions in place on large sections of the M60, with heavy delays during peak periods, so please allow enough time to arrive for 7.30am. Click here for full venue details.
Are you a professional wanting to attend? If this is your first visit, do join us for the experience, but note that for future events we encourage you to bring a Client or contact with you who fits our primary attendee criteria of owner manager or entrepreneur. Building a trusted network of contacts of the highest possible calibre is at the centre of everything K-Club stands for.
K-CLUB. A NETWORK EVENT FOR KEY ENTREPRENEURS